View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 02:21 PM   #44
Bobby Jr
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fed_is_GOD View Post
And itís no surprise, either Ė Rolex alone gives Federer $15 million. Thatís more than all of Novak Djokovicís endorsements combined.

Which is why I was wondering.. if a company like Rolex is paying him so much.. am sure LVMH should offer much more.. especially considering how federer is going out of his way in promoting alcohol..
I'm not sure we can always trust some of the numbers that get thrown about as being overly accurate. That said, his Rolex deal from what I can see is a ten year deal for $15m - which means $1.5m/year. It's an amount dwarfed by quite a few of his other deals if we're to believe the numbers suggested.

So far as "going out of his way to promote alcohol" is concerned - that seems a pretty convenient and cynical framing of the deal. LVMH deals in luxury brands - they're not really in the same league as Jagermeister or most vodkas which are more in the 'let's get drunk tonight category' of alcohol brands as opposed to being a luxury product. When you consider the price point of Moet Chandon it seems a stretch - more like lame - to imply Federer has gone out of his way to promote alcohol.