View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 12:25 AM   #52
Bobby Jr
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fed_is_GOD View Post
dduuudeee... you are completely mistaken.. Federer's endorsement with rolex is performance based and the number of times he dons it while holding a grand slam.. This year in particular was special because he had the Rolex 'The President' which is worn by the who and who of political and business world.. He does not get paid 15 million every year but I am sure as hell that he got paid 15 million this year...
The items I've seen from around 2006 which mention the deal outline his $15m, ten year deal. It's nothing new.

The item you've seen - the one which shows the timing of him winning Wimbledon and donning his watch - seems to have recycled info on the deal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fed_is_GOD View Post
I have read it not from that only source but also many other credible sources..

People actually timed the time gap between his winning and his wearing the new rolex and it was "1 min 28 sec" thats how motivated federer was in promoting it.. ofcourse it paid big bucks..
That 1 min 28 secs detail has then been recycled again in a number of me too websites.

While the timing may be accurate but it's likely got nothing at all to do with any specific dollar amount - he is and has been sponsored by them for years. The rest of the item reeks of "guess something" journalism which, as usual, is repeated elsewhere by other websites similarly lacking in any journalistic quality. Repeating something doesn't give it any more credibility.