View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 01:25 AM   #54
Bobby Jr
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fed_is_GOD View Post
Since you asked for it..

http://www.bobswatches.com/rolex-wat...ment-deal.html

bobswatches is a premier seller of rolex watches and an accredited partner..
now if you say they are wrong too then I rest my case..
I think you'll find they're what the media business call "repeaters"... Those that don't generate any original news - rather they grab it from elsewhere. The info may well be generally right but some key details seem to be missing.

Here's the original mention of the timing of the match ending to the watch donning. > It's game, set and watch

Federer's deal, as I said, would not be as you put it a $15m deal for this year or for having won Wimbledon.

In the item I linked to it says: "The brand bought Federer's allegiance for almost 10 million in 2006 in what is thought to be the world's most lucrative watch deal ever signed by an athlete."

There's even this from Sportsbusiness Daily - an arguably (generally) reliable source of sporting business new - from back in 2006. > Big Time: Roger Federer Signs Ten-Year Deal With Rolex

"Tennis player Roger Federer has signed an endorsement deal with Rolex worth up to $15M over roughly ten years, which is “thought to be the most lucrative watch deal ever for an athlete,” according to a source cited by Daniel Kaplan of Sportsbusiness Journal."

I highlighted the quotes of each you should take note of. It might pay to read a little further than the first result in a google search if you want to find something worthy of quoting.

Last edited by Bobby Jr : 12-02-2012 at 01:29 AM.
Bobby Jr is offline   Reply With Quote