View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 02:13 AM   #40
vil
Semi-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeD View Post
From you vids, you approach straight up the middle, same spin and pace as your groundies to groove your partner to hit a great passing shot.
Should be better if you changed the spin and speed, hit to a open corner deep, and then move to service line position to await the reply.
Yeah, I know what you mean but that's when I feel like a sitting duck at times The other
day I played a guy (a friend of mine) who used to be top junior and was in the same squad with Pat Rafter. This guy hasn't played tennis for a few years but about 2 years ago he got the bug and started playing again. He is younger than me but plays doubles competitively. (pity I can't have him as a hitting partner more often) I had a hit with him and boy didn't he improve from the last time I played him. His shots were so accurate and penetrating that I had to work really hard to create some winning chances. It feels very intense, playing somebody like that. So needless to say, if I just poked the ball in the corner and come to the service line I would get passed. The volley has to have some velocity to cause any harm against players like this. Anything they can get their hands on it, you are in trouble.
vil is offline   Reply With Quote