View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 09:19 AM   #143
Power Player
G.O.A.T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torres View Post
That doesn't mean that the 4G is soft. It means that the nylon synthetic gut is soft.

4G is stiff, with very little give to it. After 15-20 hours of hitting with this string during the last couple of weeks, the sinews and tendons in my arm feel like chopped liver. This is a hard string on the arm.

And if a subjective view isn't enough, the TW stiffness data for the 17g shows that its stiffness is right up there (medium tension, medium swing speed):-

1. Sheep Micro 17 ------------ 168.0
2. Synthetic Gut 17 Duraflex
Revenge 17 ---------------- 249.7
4G 17 ----------------------292.0

I never once said 4g was soft. I said the hybrid stringbed played soft and comfortable for me. I acknowledge every time that it was due to being in a hybrid which is why i said i would never use it in a full job. 15-20 hours of a full job of 4g would be tough on the arm there is no doubt about it.

This is a Hybrid poly. Not a full job poly. I changed some technqiue and am starting to hit hard enough to kill this stringbed in one week. So at this point i am looking at going back to cyberflash or black magic mains to compare since the price point makes more sense. I am interested in seeing if the control is as good with them in the mains. The 4g has incredible control compared to other polys like cyclone. So i am thinking that stiffer polys may aid in that depertment at least for me.
Power Player is online now   Reply With Quote