View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 10:24 AM   #16
maverick66
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky View Post
It started with the judging in the early 90s, and it was a source of controversy. They started rewarding guys like Dorian Yates (rather than, say, a Shawn Ray) who won on size (in Doran's case, his lats and his quads) rather than symmetry, proportion, posing, etc. Then you had people taking copious amounts of GH leading to bloated gut.

Bodybuilding/supplementary industry essentially splintered into two different directions by the mid-90s. You had the athletic look (or I guess "functional") promoted by publications Men's Fitness, which appealed to the mainstream and makes most of the money for the supp industry. Then, you have the niche pro-BB market, which pushes the limits of human size.
I had no issue with huge guys but the issue is when they no longer look human. Than it gets to wtf is this supposed to be. Jay Cutler no longer looks human. Its like a cartoon how ridiculous he looks.

As for the supplement industry what a dirty bunch of crap 99% of that stuff is. It amazes me what people believe when these companies come out with stuff. Reminds me of snake oil peddlers the way they promise you size and strength for only 20 bucks.