View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 12:46 PM   #8
mad dog1
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimothyO View Post
Mad dog,

I want to make sure I understand your comparison between Outlast and PRC as it would be a very useful reference point.

Are you saying PRC has more power, pop, and increased spin or Outlast?

On paper PRC looked right for me but it felt stiffer than spec. And in spite of its low friction value it didn't seem to work well as a cross for gut. Just goes to show you gotta test since numbers lie and individual preference matters.
yeah, for me, PRC has more pop and spin than Outlast. from the other side of the court, my hitting partner said my shots coming off of PRC had more pace and action. he moves really well so he gets to most balls that are winners against everyone else i hit with but i ripped more winners and drew more UE's with PRC because the spin generated was more unpredictable. comfort wise, i thought Outlast and PRC were pretty comparable. the only reason why i don't use PRC as my go to string is because i buy reels and there's no price break when buying a reel of PRC so it's alot more expensive than Outlast, Super Smash Orange or my fave Iontec salmon.

i agree with you that you gotta test the string for yourself. it's not that the numbers lie, but lab results don't necessarily translate well in real world playtesting.
mad dog1 is offline   Reply With Quote