View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 06:37 PM   #162
mrmo1115
Hall Of Fame

Send a message via AIM to mrmo1115 Send a message via Yahoo to mrmo1115

Quote:
Originally Posted by couch View Post
I believe 11.7 oz.

I saw our Head rep today and got a prototype paint job of the Speed MP. Man, this thing looks and feels sick! I immediately strung it at our shop with Head's new textured black poly and hit the courts. If you are looking for a more player oriented tweener type of frame then this is it.

My playing partner who played D1 and is the Head Womens Coach at his Alma Mater said my balls had a lot of spin, heaviness, and jump to them that the current racquets I'm testing don't have. I think a lot of that is due to Head moving some of the weight to the head of the racquet. It still swings fast and in turn hits a pretty heavy ball for its weight.

Oh, and the move from the round head shape to the more oval shape is a huge improvement. I think Head has a real winner on their hands this year.
Do you know if SW is still extremely low? Doesn't sound like with such a low SW there could be enough plow through.. at least that was my problem with the previous version. 11.7 oz sounds very enticing... getting closer to 12 oz is a good thing.
mrmo1115 is offline   Reply With Quote