View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 11:27 PM   #1
jstyle711
New User

Default Critique my serve - Small vid attached

Was finally able to capture some footage of my game, though it isn't much, I was hoping to get some tips on what to work on. I had a friend capture 2 games with me against my other friend but I clipped parts which I wanted you guys to see; my serves and my forehand (I already know I suck at volleying). In the video is basically my 2nd serve. My first serve is a flat serve and I get it in about 65% of the time.

A little history about my tennis is that I played only my freshmen year in HS and was 4th singles at my school. I pretty much stopped playing after that up until last year, I'm 27 btw. I was able to meet some guys who were all alot better than I was which motivated me to pick up the stick once again. After playing for a year I was discouraged that I was not picking the game up at a rate I normally pick up sports. It wasn't until 2 months ago where everything just clicked. I'm thinking about joining a club now that its the winter season and playing outdoors is no longer an option and joining some tournaments to see where I rank. I play about 2-3 times a week for about 3 hr sessions.

I am well aware that I foot fault. Actually it wasn't until I watched this video that made me realize I foot fault on every one of my serves... haha.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?edit=vd&v=hrrS1grBBqQ
jstyle711 is offline   Reply With Quote