View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 03:45 AM   #95
BauerAlmeida
Semi-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NadalAgassi View Post
Chang may be overrated in some circles but he isnt overrated on that list. Can you name alot (or any) players who werent ranked above him by the TC list who should have been? Even Kafelnikov and Roddick (who I dont even agree with you are superior to Chang or Murray and who I think you drastically overrate, especialy Kafelnikov the worst 2 slam winner in history by far excluding Kriek) were ranked above him. It is pretty safe to say Chang is at worst a top 70 player all time, and Murray is definitely better than Chang. Sorry I think the idea Murray isnt a top 100 mens player of all time is laughable at this point, even for those who think he is weaker than people like Roddick and Kafelnikov, those people themselves are way inside the top 100 so it doesnt matter.
Chang's ranked fine there. But he is not Hall of Fame material imo.

And of course Murray is TOP 100, what I said is he doesn't come close to the TOP 20. I never said he shouldn't be included, he is probably around 50 or so. But people saying he is TOP 10 is laughable.

Kafelnikov maybe the worst 2 slam winner but neither Chang, Roddick and Murray have 2 slams. Besides that he was #1 and an olympic gold winner. He is ahead of the other 3 in terms of achievements. If Murray wins another slam and has at least a week at number 1 his career will be far superior to the other 3. He is already ahead of Chang and would be ahead of Roddick if it wasn't for Roddick being 1 in 2003.

At the moment is probably something like this imo:

1-Kafelnikov
2-Roddick/Murray (Is till give Roddick the edge because of being #1)
4-Chang

At the end of his career Murray will be the better player of those 4.