View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 06:36 AM   #99
Goosehead
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopFH View Post
They have always been extremely talented, but always fail to deliver.

Regarding Messi: Watch Messi play with Barcelona vs him playing with Argentina.

Example: 3 consecutive Ballon d'Ors, yet failed massively at both the World Cup and the Copa America.
Hummm...thats not right at all,

messi played well in the bit of the 2006 world cup finals he played in..scoring his only wc finals goal so far (he was coming back off a recurring thigh injury at that time that meant he missed the end of la liga season and barcelona's champions league win vs arsenal)..the coach unbelievably left messi out as an unused sub in 2nd round vs mexico, when he should have started him and argentina lost AET ON PENS.

he had an excellent all round copa america in 2007 scoring three goals..argentina lost in the final to brazil.

messi played amazing at world cup 2010 despite not scoring he was in barcelona mode doing what he wanted with the ball..being the main reason for argentina getting to the qf...although i have to say he didnt do much in the qf vs germany..but that was also because of maradona and his crazy selection policy destroying his own team.

i cant comment on messi or argentina in copa america 2011 as i didnt see any matches but all acounts argentina played poorly.

messi is now captain of argentina at 25..the goals are flowing 31 i think, and he recently scored a hat-trick vs brazil which is always impressive.
Goosehead is offline   Reply With Quote