View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 08:57 AM   #60
zapvor
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SystemicAnomaly View Post
It appears that I have not been clear enough with what I've been trying to say. ALL ball impacts with the racket/strings will transmit some measure of shock and vibrations to the hand and arm holding the racket. Even when we hit foam balls or the softest Penn balls with the most arm-friendly racket available on the market, there will be some shock & vibrations transmitted to the hand/arm -- this is what we are feeling. When we say that Dunlop balls feel harder than Penn balls, it is because they affect the strings and racket in such a way that a bit more shock/vibrations are produced that reach your arm.

When you bounce your basketball you also feel shock/vibrations transmitted to your hand/arm. However, they are not usually great enough to really bother you. It is only when the shock intensity or magnitude that reaches our arm is large enough that problems arise.

If the intensity is high enough, the shock can eventually result in wrist, elbow or shoulder problems. In your case, the shock/vibrations from hitting Dunlop balls is enough to bother you a bit but not enough to cause any real pain or damage.

The bottom line: Just because an impact doesn't result in pain or damage does not mean that no shock or vibrations are produced (and reach your arm).
lol you are nuts man. how are you going to tell me what bothers me or not. only i can feel what i feel. hitting dunlop balls doesnt bother me a bit. i just dont like the way they feel so i choose not too play with them. its not because of this shock thing you keep trying to drill into me. but at this point i dont think you will get it, so nevermind. believe whatever you want