View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 12:29 PM   #19
Itagaki
Semi-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Say Chi Sin Lo View Post
You're going to talk strength training to someone who: has had to came back from two shoulder surgeries, I'm 140lbs and can bench 200lbs+ as sets (not maxing out). Yep, don't anything about strength training.

Dude be smart and pick your battles wisely. Not to mention your initial post had no value in this thread whatsoever, all you wanted to do was to start a fight.

Lastly, muscle development, I has it. And it's not the big bulky ones. Useless for tennis in my opinion, but what do I know? I know nothing about strength training right?

Come on, keep talking trash about how I don't know anything about muscle development. I'd love to hear it. I think I've struck a delicate balance of strength and not bulking up.
I'm not the person you're responding to nor have I addressed you before, but what exactly are you trying to accomplish here?

Not trying to be mean, but I just don't understand your logic. "I bench press 200lbs+ for sets, therefore I know something about strength training"

This is not a syllogistic statement, I am sure there are plenty of gym rats who don't actually know anything about strength training that can get to the same level. I will admit the fact that you've done so following shoulder surgeries is pretty awesome though (got any vids?).

There are after all plenty of people who don't do but "know" in the sense that they are educated. Don McCauley was an awful weightlifter, but is a great coach so he "knows" but was not good at "doing". Just as the converse exists

Moving on, what's the point of your pictures? What exactly does this prove?

To tlm's defense, I think he was just taking your initial post of "i'm no expert at muscle development" and taking it to an extreme. His "initial post" was not confrontational, he simply made a statement regarding bands versus free weights, you're the one that labeled it as stating the obvious leading to his rebuttal
Itagaki is offline   Reply With Quote