View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 01:51 PM   #8
Pacific lefty
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliefedererer View Post
[I remember last spring when you were undergoing surgery - just for a clean out, not major shoulder surgery.
I remember wishing good luck for a happy, healthy 2013 without shoulder issues. I wasn't trying to be a wise guy. I really think patients and surgeons are not really prepared for the long healing phase for a motion as violent as serving a tennis ball - it takes a long time.
Maybe a little early for New Year's greetings, but again I'll wish you best wishes for a happy, healthy 2013!]
Hey CharlieF, so great to hear from you. You are so right that it does take longer to heal than anticipated and get back to my previous form. When I was starting to feel a bit paranoid I did remember what you and others said about needing to give it time, and to patiently work through the rehab and to check your technique.

The serving changes I have been working on are really helping and first and foremost, when I serve, my main mental checklist has as number one "drop right shoulder" which helps immensely, as well as Todd Ellenbecker's "magic 90 degrees"!

This time last year I was really missing tennis, and these nights in Ireland when it is dry, bright and slightly frosty, I am so enjoying being out!!! Thanks for the good wishes (and great info as usual) and an early Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you.
Pacific lefty is offline   Reply With Quote