View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 03:27 PM   #11
keepurpowderdry
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limpinhitter View Post
Not true. A SW grip promotes hitting more out front, which promotes more rotation before contact, which increases angular momentum and, therefore, increases both power and spin.
I hit eastern forehand and I use the windshield wiper swing and I can play patty cake with my 3.5 to 4.0 opponent all day but with ground strokes at 3.5 to 4.0 most of the time the ball does not come to me at waist level unless I run to the right spot and get their in time. If I don't get their in time my forehand breaks down. Now when I play 5.0 on up players that's when my eastern forehand shines because im getting fast paced balls right into my waist level so I end up hitting a flat shot all the time. Unless I start beating him with my forehand and he decides to hit more top spin with slower pace but in my experience people at that level are to proud to slow it down in a park recreation setting. I guess you should learn both grips and learn to switch the grip during the point for the correct execution of a specific shot.

Last edited by keepurpowderdry : 12-04-2012 at 03:41 PM.
keepurpowderdry is offline   Reply With Quote