View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 06:04 PM   #15783
SoBad
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by stringertom View Post
not home not alone:
what's up with the world's longest traffic jam this past week in Russia???

Apparently, a snowstorm (in December in Russia...what a surprise!) snarled traffic and caused delays up to two days for thousands of motorists. Much vodka (and pomegranate juice???) was consumed as a personal antifreeze by stranded drivers???
I guess there has been some unusual weather going around everywhere lately, and it did not take much to overwhelm the public resources there. M10 was not designed to handle anywhere close to its current traffic volume even on a nice day, so itís no surprise. Only commercial cargo drivers have legitimate business being out there, if you ask me, and they tend to be well stocked with food, booze, and entertainment. The sophisticated non-cargo people take the train or the plane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bulgakov View Post
Anne Vyalitsyna, Natalia Vodianova, or Maria Kirilenko are a better solution to keeping warm in this situation...
Yes, I always see those three walking along M10 looking for business, rain or shine.