View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 06:53 PM   #35
Candide
Semi-Pro

Default Slav to Love

There's nothing wrong with this lad that a large helping of humble pie and a tough coach wouldn't cure. However, unless he's able to lure Lendl away from Murray and hire him to whisper, "Remember, thou art mortal," in his ear I don't think he's going to get one any time soon. Certainly not as long as he has dad with the bellows clipped tightly to his son's fundament furiously pumping hot air.

Anyone so dumb and so comically arrogant as to discount the words of Tony Roche, John Newcomb and Pat Rafter in favour of the wisdom of Ignori Dadaknownothink deserves to spend his career languishing in the low 50s. As he stands now he has all the charm (and the hairstyle) of a old toilet brush and I would imagine that sponsors feel the same way.

His only other chance might be to turn to the good book for answers, "When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I felt as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things." I think I'll wait for the next big thing from Oz tennis just the same.

Last edited by Candide : 12-04-2012 at 07:27 PM.
Candide is offline   Reply With Quote