View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 07:03 PM   #1
dhdriver
Rookie

Default String Suggestions Please

So I've been trying out different polys for the last 6 months or so. I am not sure what to stick with as the string I would normally use. I generally string my polys around 50 +/- 2 lbs. I've gotten used to that range.

I have a pair of Head Youtek Prestige Mids. I am probably a 3.5 baseliner. I hit with a full western forehand grip and a two handed backhand. I generally hit topspin forehands and flatter backhands.

Here's a list of polys I've tried and my feelings about them:
Lux Ace - Felt really stiff.
Kirschbaum Pro Line II 18 - Probably my favorite so far that I've tested but I felt like it didn't last me as long as it did before.
Kirschbaum Pro Line Evolution 17 - Felt nice at first but then I felt like the tension dropped a lot after the first two hours.
Kirschbaum Pro Line X 17 - Felt great and lasted a while but I feel like it's lacking spin and control for me.
Weiss Cannon Scorpion 1.22 - For some reason it felt like a board when I strung it up at 54 lbs.

I just strung one of my Prestiges with Solinco Revolution 17 at 50 lbs. Hopefully I can go out and hit tomorrow to see how it goes. It was suggested to me by a friend. It seems a little stiff.

I was wondering if you guys have anyone string suggestions. I've read a bunch of posts on "best poly of 2012" and other poly threads but sometimes they tangent off to other strings. Forgot to mention I'm looking for more pop, spin, and control with some good comfort.

Note: I used to play with Signum Pro Poly Plasma 17L but I moved away from it to see if there's anything good out there for me. Potentially I might go back to it. Do you guys have any tension recommendations for this string?