Thread: Angell Sport!
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 07:07 AM   #188
suppawat
Semi-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringers View Post
Angell frames have definitely peaked my interest lately.

Currently hitting with a C10 Pro that I'm trying to mesh with, but I'm thinking about Angell for comparisons sake.

The frame I put together

TC95
16x19
70RA
Extended Length either 27.25 or 27.5
320-330 g. 11.4-11.7 Oz.
310 mm
C Handle Shape
4 3/8 Grip
Red BG Red Grip

Just curious to opinions?

I'm a primary baseliner keeping the ball out of the middle of the court to get short balls and to put points away at the net. My serve is my biggest weapon with a big flat serve and heavy slice/kick serve. Thus the extended length and 70 RA stiffness, really want to produce a stick that plays to my game with my serve and ground strokes.

Definitely prefer 16x19 open string pattern to the livelier feel/action on the ball.

Just trying to find the perfect mix. Love the plush feel of my C10 but looking for a little crisper response.

Played with an extended length racquet before and loved the results. Don't come to net much but when I do I put it away rather than going for touch unless I have to or playing I'm doubles. I do want it to be maneuverable tho so I'm between the .25 or .5 extension.

Oh and looking for a swing weight around 325.

Anyways I'll hang up and listen haha
That can be too powerful racquet. You can either lower stiffness or change string pattern to 18x20 to tame the power.

I have TC95 (310g, 63RA, 27in, 16x19, 320mm), and found it quite powerful. The "D" shaped beam is faster thru their than those box beam frames are, and this makes the frame very whippy. Sweet spot is huge for a 95 sq.in racquet face. Ball feels is clean, solid, and consistent. I'd compare it to Wilson Blade 98 with slightly more mute feel. Even though TC95 doesn't hit heavy ball like Donnay Pro One 16x19, but I can whip the ball with less effort and drive the ball to baseline consistently. The main string distribution is dense in the middle and more open towards both sides.

The TC95 18x20 (same balance and weight) is a completely different frame. It has very low power, but still hit the ball very clean and solid. Will try to change weight and balance for more power.