View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 11:03 AM   #29
Boricua
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvaudio View Post
^^^ I honestly don't know who you're talking about with regards to those statements. Tornado and B5E are in my top 5 best ever (along with Scorpion, Iontec and PH18 ) polys, and I don't like boardy string. Tornado is also tension specific. High tension yields a piece of cedar, low 50s to high 40s yields the most responsive poly I've used. B5E is far less so, and far more neutral. It does everything well, however. Silverstring, on the other hand, feels nothing like either albeit closer to B5E. It has an incredibly unique feeling, and is one of those like ALU and certain multis that has this innate "premium" feeling. I can't describe it. That sense of "this isn't on the market to make money, this was designed to be as good as it can be". Not many, no...MOST polys don't come close to that. Iontec is another with that feeling. This is all personal and subjective bantering however. As most of you know, however, Silverstring and B5E were my go-to poly of choice for quite some time.
Is Silverstring made from the same material as B5E? I spoke some time ago with John Youngblood and I think he told me that. But, I could be confused in what I heard.

In terms of B5E, I liked it full bed in the RDIS 100 Mp but could not stand it in a APD GT.

Also, how does Scorpion compare to Silverstring? Two strings to try out definitely.

Last edited by Boricua : 12-06-2012 at 11:07 AM.
Boricua is offline   Reply With Quote