View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 06:00 AM   #61
mxmx
Semi-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Player View Post
If I have 1 pair of shoes that lasts for 3 months, and that is all I wore. If I half the amount of time put into those same shoes by alternating in another pair I can go for 6 months without worrying about shoes.

Of course as you said, the $$ is still the same - but there are advantages. the main one is the summer heat and sweat..wearing sweaty shoes that did not full dry out is pretty awful, and that is themain reason I do it.

The other reason is if one pair blows out, I'm not totally screwed.

The third is that I can use an older pair of shoes that did not blow out, but did have some good use, and designate them for clay only. Doing all those things has really helped me prolong my shoe life even though the cost is about the same. Its just a far better experience. So my main point is that I always budget for 2 pairs of shoes at the same time, play a ton of tennis, and still only have to buy twice a year on average.
Makes sense

I wish we had clay in my country....I played on it in Czech once...awesome for me and I could immediately adapt....would probably suit my game the most...

It is less demanding on shoes also right?

EDIT: ps. You probably play twice as much tennis as me then. The best shoes last me a year or so for one pair.

Last edited by mxmx : 12-07-2012 at 06:02 AM.
mxmx is offline   Reply With Quote