Thread: Nadal News
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 11:00 AM   #15195
Crisstti
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarky21 View Post
I don't think it's weak at all. It proves that they will cover up for players if necessary. What makes you think they won't do it again, or haven't done it again since then? I believe they most likely have covered up for other players after Andre. The fact that they did it once is enough to prove their dishonesty.
About this, I think that it was a recreational drug has to be taken into account.
Also, Agassi himself wasn't in any sure they'd cover up for him and he lied to them.
And if they would cover up for some players and not for others, then wouldn't the players who have been banned bring this up?.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarky21 View Post
Well, if they really want to catch dopers they have a very funny way of showing it since their anti-doping system has been lacking badly for years, and is extremely underfunded.

Last I heard it's 3 they could miss,and even if they changed it to 2 that is far from reasonable considering the lack of OOC testing as it is. For example, Serena Williams went 2 whole years without being tested OOC. Two years is ridiculous, and if she's allowed to miss an entire year's worth of OOC testing if she so chooses, she would go 3 straight years without being tested OOC. That is scary, and does not cut it at all. It also makes me wonder how many other players are going that long without being tested at all considering how little OOC they conduct.

But it's not good enough to catch anyone because they're not testing the way they should be if they really wanted to catch them. Last I heard they still don't test for HGH, and even if they did they would do it so rarely it wouldn't matter anyway. The system is so beatable as-is that it is hardly a deterrent. Player's know they won't be tested so why not go ahead and dope till their heart's content? They won't be caught anyway.

They do need more random testing, but as I already said, they do not test nearly enough OOC so how can it be random? Mix that in with the fact they can miss so many OOC tests and there is no randomness to the testing at all.

Positive. They only test the losers, and not the winners.

IC just means in competition.
Apparently not Nadal, since he apparently just underwent two in a week.

I do find it incredible Serena could go two years without any OOC tests. I see your point about the mix of (relatively) few OOC tests and the possibility of missing them, but I do think they have to be allowed to miss some. Is it 1 or 2 years ban if you miss more than two?, it can well happen through a year that you will be somewhere else than you had said. I think they give you two hours to get there if you're not when the testers go. Maybe that window should be longer (some 20 hours) if you're going to be allowed to miss less or none.

Anyway, you actually make good points instead of just saying "testing is weak because I say so"

I still don't think it proves everyone is doping.