View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 11:05 AM   #244
Mongolmike
Semi-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmke View Post
You piqued my interest so I took a look at your matches.

I don' believe Combo is counted in the Southern section, so your regular season record (on the court) would have been 8-5. I believe the cut-off for matches is 10/31 so the 3 late-season wins you mentioned aren't counted (after 11/1). While the DQ loss on the court counts as a win in the team standings, I believe the 6-1,6-1 score is used as-is for rating purposes.

So, an 8-5 record is good, but by itself is not indicative a bump is appropriate. Couple that with you playing a few self rated players and it is possible that some of what you thought were your better matches didn't actually generate match ratings. But ultimately, it really depends on the specific scores and opponents.

To get bumped, the majority of your results would need to be very good to great. If you play several opponents playing up, like I think you did, it is very hard to generate good match results for those matches. And even if you lose to good players that get bumped at the end of the year, you need the matches to be close to help you and you lost 3 and 1, 1 and 1, and 0 and 3 and 3 of the losses. These aren't close enough to help and probably still hurt your rating unless the opponents are way into the next level above you.

So, you may not have been as close to being bumped as you thought. Nevertheless, if you did poorly in playoffs, that certainly doesn't help either. But you say the matches were tight and these were likely against stronger competition so they might not have hurt as much as you think.
Schmke, I don't have a horse in this race, but still want to give you props for your many helpful posts like this one. Thank you for your contributions.
-Mike
Mongolmike is offline   Reply With Quote