View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 07:11 AM   #66
Number1Coach
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by coaching32yrs View Post
It depends who the 7 or 8 coaches are, your relationship with them, and the level of trust between you and them. Coach: I don't agree with TCF. The pros for your player are a long shot- but possible. Especially with the improvement he is showing. The only logical route to the pros for him is through college. Have you seen the roster at UVA? Imagine practicing with those guys 20 hours a week with top notch coaching, and playing matches against some of the best players in the country. I think the entire group of young Americans need college first. Your player may be an Isner or Steve Johnson. He is not a Harrison. Honestly coach ask yourself how much your bias against college is about not wanting to give up control of your player's career. It is an emotion we all have and very legitimate- but is it in the best interests of your player?
Losing control is not a problem he spends a majority of time on his own already will be for the next month in Fl. Without pops , my problem with college is tennis today is a real full time job on tour , college there are study's that take place after long hours in the class room then you get a little practice 2 hrs a day , extra time is for sleep and rest .