View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 05:15 AM   #137
abmk
G.O.A.T.
 
abmk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: India
Posts: 14,764
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Order View Post
Lol at abmk trying to boost his post count even further by triple posting and requoting the same things over and over again. You would think after 9000 posts you would have got the hang of understanding how to quote posts properly, but then again I do realise you are slow so perhaps you will learn in your next 9000 posts...
lol, it was a mistake caused because of logout problems .... but then you are Mr.Perfect with quoting posts, right ? jeez, what an achievement !

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Order View Post
First of all, I am 100% right when I said Borg won only 2/4 majors because regardless of how highly the AO was regarded back then it is still a major.
its not a matter of technicality here, but rather getting the context of the era right ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Order View Post
And lol how you ask why I said from 2011 onwards add McEnroe to Rafa's path when I just explained why. McEnroe didn't make it to the 79 WIM final he was NOT a threat to Borg until 80 that's why we add him to the most recent 2 Wimbledon's of Rafa's path. So Rafa 4 and Borg 2-3 in WIM titles because Fed would not disappear off Earth after facing Borg in the first 3 finals.
but rafa in 2012 didn't even come close to making it to the 2nd week ... you add mac when he was ie. 2011, 2010 to be fair .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Order View Post
And lol how you call the 81 WIM final an extremely close match, it was close no doubt but not extremely close. Another one of your biased opinions to try and favor your argument. What an ignorant human being you are hahaha.
it was 4-6,7-6,7-6,6-4 with both players winning 2/15 of their BPs ... mac won 160 points, borg 154 ... hell yeah, that was a pretty close match >> you'd know if you had seen it ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Order View Post
Your Federer past his prime argument holds absolutely no water either, in USO 11 Fed had MP's against him and the same goes for USO10 which was only a few months before AO11. Fed didn't lose because he's past his prime he just got his arse kicked and only junk tennis gave him a lead in the second set.

Fed had a very dominant and consistent period at the end of 2011 and 2010 wasn't too bad either. His form going into the 2011 AO was very good as it was with AO12 but we all know what happened at this year's AO so I shouldn't repeat it should I?
so federer is in his prime from 2004-till now ????? LOL , ha ha ha ha ......

end of 2010, 2011 was mainly indoors, where consistency/stamina/elements are less of a factor ....


Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Order View Post
Power hitting is also very threatening to anyone when the shots keep going in, just look at the Nadal v Rosol result. He blasted winners left right and center especially in the fifth set. Do you really think Rosol would've been able to do that with a wooden racquet?
guess you missed the memo that there were loads of SnVers at that time ... if there were lesser power hitters back then, there are very few SnVers now ...

power hitters aren't the only type of threats .... there were more varied styles of play back then ...

point is you are only thinking this from rafa's point of view ..... not from the context of both the generations ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Order View Post
And Borg would most definitely have to beat Fed thrice because he wouldn't be picking up any points at AO now would he? Fed would make the final of EVERY major and most likely at the very least win AO and USO. Lol I like how you think you know what you're on about but really you have nfi. lol.
not that tough when we are talking about the federer of 2008 or 2010 when rafa took over no 1 ... if you are talking about the federer of 2004-2007 or 2009 , then yeah , borg would have it tough , but then nadal didn't take over when fed was at his best either ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Order View Post
With the Wimbledon paths, you look at semi opponents, yeah I agree Borg had it tougher than Rafa, but then I look at the final opponents and see that Rafa had to play FEDERER 3 years in a row. I look at Borg and while he did have some tough final opponents they were certainly no Roger Federer pal.

Keep trying though, seriously you're good for a laugh.
but borg of 78 would have more decent shot at beating federer in 2008 ...
you mentioned nadal's 5 finals in a row ( when he played ) ... it probably wouldn't be if he faced tougher opponents in the semis like borg did -> nadal lost to rosol in 2012 and djoker in 2011 ...

and like I said before , this was on grass which favoured rafa's game more than the old, slick grass in borg's day .......it'd be worse for rafa there ....

Last edited by abmk : 12-09-2012 at 05:33 AM.
abmk is offline   Reply With Quote