View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 04:41 AM   #34
Rogael Naderer
Semi-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkelley View Post
A few years ago John Yandell measured the spin generate by several pros and Fed. was #2, surpassed only by Nadal. Based on that data, he's hitting with a lot of spin, even relative to other pros. If I've missed stated John's data please correct me.

Fed might alter his grip some (or not - I don't know), but all the data I've seen say it's always somewhere around an E. to strong E. When I look at pictures of his grip that's what I see.

Based on the above it's most definitely possible to hit with a lot of topspin with an Eastern or strong Eastern grip. You may not be able to do it, but it can be done.

I agree with TheCheese.
This most definitely.

Generally WW finish is going to be the best method but only if it is natural and smooth to you, I occasionally will use this follow trhough but it is never forced.

A relaxed wrist, powefrul coil and excellent timing will all help to achieve high racquet head speed which is chief among all factors when trying to achieve RPMs.