View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 01:11 PM   #48
Babolat Official
Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleB View Post
I appreciate you being a part of the Boards here and taking time to respond to our questions.

Due to recent microfracture surgery I've been told I shouldn't play singles again so I'm searching for a doubles racquet that is easy on the arm.

I'm considering the Pure Storm Team GT.

I know it won't have Pure Drive Cortex power (a racquet I've used in the past) but I'm hoping to gain some more touch and less arm pain.

On paper the Team version looks similar to the non-Team version...but a little lighter, more maneuverable, and more flexy. Yet it seems like the Team offers more power.

Is this the case and do you feel like the Pure Storm Team is my best doubles racquet option from Babolat?

Thank you for your help.

TripleB

Hope the recovery goes well. I'll try to break this down. Please follow up with more questions if needed.

Pure Storm Team vs. Pure Storm
The team has a larger head size (100 vs. 9 and is 10 grams lighter. Same balance point. I would a long term demo of the Team with a very soft string such as Natural Gut. If you feel you need to add more mass, you can incrementally add lead tape for a customized feel. I've played with the Pure Storm team and it is a great stick but could benefit from some more weight mass on serve returns against top players.

The caveat to this is that it is really tough to diagnose a solution over the message board. I'm by no means a doctor and I'm not sure if your injury was caused by tennis, but I think the above is a decent place to start. As always, consult a medical professional if you have any concerns. Also, there is a pretty strong community on these boards, so you might be able to find some other people with similar experiences.

Hope the recovery goes well! Welcome back to the courts.