View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 01:37 PM   #1298
pc1
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by abmk View Post
so explain why he got crushed by connors in 74 wim and USO ? was it because he was that much inferior to connors ????? no, its because the tough matches earlier took some energy away from him ...

now imagine going through multiple rounds of slug-fests on clay vs the likes of borg,vilas, orantes, dibbs, solomon, ramirez etc...... he might win one match, might, but by the next match, he'd be spent

frankly, if you think he could go through multiple rounds like that to win RG at nearly 40, you are delusional ...
Overall I agree with you but to be honest I thought Rosewall was clearly inferior to Connors in 1974 and it didn't help that I felt at that point that the style of Rosewall did not match up well at that point with Connors. Add that the matches did take a lot out of him and you got the slaughters. Laver matched up better at that point because I believe his strong serve allowed him to take the net more than Rosewall against Connors although Laver in 1975 (challenge match) was also inferior to Connors.
pc1 is offline   Reply With Quote