View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 08:14 PM   #29
Towser83
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NadalAgassi View Post
I want to say Tommy Haas but objectively it cant be him. I would say Davydenko I guess. Henman was only a threat on 1 surface, even though he did make a French and U.S Open semis he was never making the finals of either, and even on grass there are so many superior players in his era it isnt surprising he never made a final although he had chances to (especialy 2001). Rios was only a force for 1 year.
Dvydenko is a good call, WTF and 2 masters, some good wins over Nadal and Federer at the former, gave Federer a huge scare in the AO 2010.

Henman shocked me when he was a set and a break up vs Coria in RG but even if he was 2 sets to 0 I doubt he would have won. His best chance was in Wimbledon 2001 and though everyone in England loves to blame the rain, Goran had righted the ship by the time if came. Also saw that he was good at calming the waters in the final (at one point I thought he had lost his head when he got angry and kicked the net) Goran was not to be beaten that year. If any year someone was destined to win it, it was that year. Sadly Tim got in his way.