Old 12-11-2012, 07:20 AM   #15
movdqa
Legend

> My elbow snapped with the 260.2, a fairly soft stick, I
> believe around 58-59 RA. However, it was set up way too
> light. 330g strung and it did it and I am struggling with my
> elbow ever since. The PT57A did help for two reasons: 1) it
> was soft and 2) it was set up heavier, 355g. However, my
> TE is there and I still play with a brace.

I think that the 260.2s are pretty good on the arm. I like racquets in the 360-370 grams area and the weight does help to take out the shock and instability in frames. 260.2s are pretty hard to get though. Especially in XL.

> Thes days I am using the IG Speed MP, so, not that soft,
> but, again, around 355-360g with the silicone in the
> handle (mutes vibrations) and lead around the hoop. My
> elbow is taking it, however, it always reminds me that it is
> not fixed, so, I have to be careful.

I'm a bit surprised that you're going with the Speed. I'm kind of the same way with the 238.4s - I wouldn't go any stiffer and I have to be careful on arm health. I can play all out but have to limit myself on the number of matches per week.

I have a bunch of 292.3s but I haven't customized them yet. I'm up in the air between selling them and customizing them. The 238.4s are just about perfect for me but I think that I could get the 292.3s there too with about a two weeks of effort. Those three layers of lead from 10 to 2 are the killer. I just need to take one layer off and add some at 3/9 (not as much needed as with the 238.4s) and it should be very nice to play with and nicer on my arm.

The IG series seems quite popular in general.