View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 01:48 PM   #8
Angle Queen
Professional

At 3.5...Definitely The MacAttack and/or half of a Dynamic Duo (partner's health permitting).

At 4.0...more of an average (or less than...since I'm technically "new to it" although I've played it for two years) player, willing to play wherever and with whoever the captain puts me with.

Been playing for a decade and know most of the 3.5 and 4.0 women and a good number of the men. Have game plans for most of 'em so I guess the title of Veteran also applies regardless of the NTRP.

Good poll. I can probably name more than a few for most of the categories though...except maybe the Beach Bum, Short Fuse and the Chatty Cathy. Don't get me wrong, I know a couple of women who love to chat it up, on and off the court, but they've got some game, I tell ya. And, I've been privileged to both be a part of a Dynamic Duo and know several others. Good friends with each other again, on and off court, it really shows. It's a real pleasure. In my 10 years of playing, I've only run across one player (from a distant club) who abused his equipment (and his partner...who, yikes, also happened to be his wife...I actually offered her a ride home but that's another story).