View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 07:11 AM   #10
Borrelli
Semi-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzz nation View Post
The PJCC grass courts were the site of my S&V upbringing (thanks to parents' membership). They also had the wisdom to add a pair of clay courts there a few years back, too. Beautiful place, but the tennis has always been a lesser priority there compared with the golf.

To the best of my knowledge, the Warwick Heights club is also members only. The clay courts at Roger Williams Park are probably the best bet when they're in business (as far as getting onto some clay), but there are lots of nice parks, etc. with hard courts scattered all over the place. I'm in southern RI and coach the teams at North Kingstown.

My e-mail: tjorhody@yahoo.com

I string racquets (usually overnight) and also play a good bit in case anyone needs a hand in one area or another. Since I'm currently shopping a new computer, my response to any e-mails may take a few days, but I'll do my best to keep tabs.
Hey there Fuzz! Yeah my father used to play thames valley league matches on those grass courts occasionally. I forget the team that he played? think he said a lot of the URI kids played on it? Those were their home court I believe? but that was in the early 90's.

Trying to stay in the S. Kingston area if possible. I only say Newport because I know some people there that I could possible crash with if need be. I've played a bit on the Misquamicut Beach courts in Westerly, the one's right on the beach near the Andrea hotel. Pretty nice for people watching, I mean when not focusing on the tennis of course

I'll shoot you a email anyway and maybe we can get together some time.
Borrelli is offline   Reply With Quote