Thread: The Journey!!!
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 08:06 AM   #6
ga tennis
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by coaching32yrs View Post
Ga tennis: The challege you face is that it is your dream, it may not be her dream. If it is her dream my suggestion is to do everything to support it with one caveat- make her education priority #1 and make that non-negotiable. Don't settle for a second rate education to pursue the tennis dream. You can do both, many do. Most do not. If it is not her dream that is fine- accept it joyfully.
My wife makes sure of that. School ALWAYS comes first. My daughter loves school. Your right it is MY dream i just wish i could magically make it her dream. I have taken her to some of the best coaches in America and my dad says to me why are you wasting your money. He tells me all the time that it doesnt matter where i take her or how much money i spend until it becomes her passion i am just wasting my money. I try to defend my decisions by saying that im trying to give her all the tools so when or if she takes ownership 100% she will have the full arsenal. My father also says that i just need to let her play and not to worry and she will be GREAT!! My son is the exact opposite. I cant get him off the court. I know why he is like that. When he was young he would always ask if he could go hit with me and sissy and i would tell him no because she has to practice. Now he is 7 and he is a BEAST!!! Now i have to be careful what i say because i dont wanna brag too much about him in front of her.This week was the first time i have been able to take them together and do drills and train without them fighting. Its so much better than having to be on court with her for a couple and then have him come over for another hour. It was wearing me out!!