View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 02:56 PM   #47191
JRstriker12
Hall Of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to JRstriker12

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolblue123 View Post
No kidding. Based on the way I was playing. I probably played better while chugging one down.

Kinect is good, highly recommend if your daughter is over 4 yrs old. At least for my kid, the Kinect had a hard time picking up smaller folks due to the distancing between the floor and the limbs (I was reading somewhere)

They got a bunch of cool games now especially if your kid likes to see him or herself on tv. They got one where they take an image of them and use the image to fight monsters and ninjas.
Another one which is about your kid being a princess doing princess stuff. etc etc.

Only thing is new xbox is coming sometime later in early 2013. So I am not sure when the xbox is going to sunset? Only other concern is possible privacy issues? (i.e. can someone hack into your kinect and watch you and make u look at annoying commercials based on your reactions?)
Saw on article about Verizon patenting a Kinect like device that would read your body language and combine it with what you're watching to deliver customized commercials (http://www.pcworld.com/article/20189...r-actions.html). Could happen, but I'm thinking maybe not with this generation of hardware and plus I would forsee people trying to sue for invasion of privacy.

New Xbox may be soon, but I'd prob wait at least a year before I consider a next gen console. Besides looks like Valve may get into the game with a Linux based Steam Box, could be interesting.