View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 03:18 AM   #281
The_Order
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,350
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abmk View Post
LOL , see the part regarding djoker and wimbledon 2011 final again ....
Lol really? So you're comparing Ancic's chances of beating Nadal in 2006 to Novak's in 2011? I have a question, are you high?

Quote:
Originally Posted by abmk View Post
correction : some of nadal's losses are due to injury ...... but you *******s make it out like most of them are due to injury .......
I said MANY of Nadal's losses were due to injury not most l2r buddy, l2r.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abmk View Post
I did say he injured himself near the end of the 2nd set vs murray >> go and read it again ......
I don't care whether you said it or not. Just stating the facts pal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abmk View Post
wow, what a retort ! I am astounded !
What do you expect from that stupid statement of yours? Murray was clearly not at his best due to the pressure of being expected to make his first Wimbledon final.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abmk View Post
clueless, I'm saying before the wimbledon 2011 final actually occured, *******s like you would be saying :

djoker would have very less chance because :

he was 0-5 vs nadal in slams
0-2 vs nadal on grass
nadal was in better form by some distance compared to novak
clay season, nadal was sub-par, that's why novak beat him there ...
Show me where I said anything like that. You're bringing in opinions of other people and then making a generalisation that everyone who follows Nadal felt that way which isn't the case. Anybody who has any understanding of logic will tell you that Novak had a FAR greater chance of beating Nadal in the WIM11 final than Ancic did in 06.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abmk View Post
similar to how you'd be saying a big hitter like rosol/haase/petzschener or ancic in 2006 final would have no chance vs nadal
The Rosol, Haase and Petzschener matches were all early on in WIM. Nadal was also well off his best against Rosol especially in the movement department. Look at Nadal's finals records at WIM from the QF stage and up, once he builds confidence in the tournament he is very hard to beat, just ask Federer he'll tell you all about it

So no Ancic would've got creamed. Sorry you're too stupid to realise that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abmk View Post
jeez, like I said, dumbo, it wasn't just the federer match, it was the 2 matches before that as well, murray and hewitt, both very good returners and both had trouble vs roddick's serve ...and federer who is the best returner of roddic's serve by far , also struggled with it ...this on top of roddick playing very well off the ground .......

anything less than the 2007/2008 final form >> guarantee nadal would have lost ... and even with his 2007/08 form , it would have been a close one

nadal doesn't handle roddick's serve close to as well as these 3 as is evidenced by their matches ... he'd naturally struggle a lot more ......
Hewitt and Murray of 2009 are nowhere near Nadal in terms of difficulty to beat at Wimbledon. He struggled against Hewitt and Murray was not mentally able to win important points against him. And you think Nadal had to be at his absolute BEST to beat Roddick? roflmfao, if Rafa was in his WIM 07/08 final form he would've beat Roddick in 4 sets max.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abmk View Post
so the mental aspect isn't important ?????? clueless, that was one of prime hewitt's most valuable assets ........ even when being outplayed , he hung in and fought back .... but then you are a thick ******* who'll only see whatever you want that favours nadal
WTF are you on about? Where did I say the mental aspect isn't important? I highlighted it as the reason Fed lost to Hewitt. Seriously you have no business on any forums because you can't read for **** you troll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abmk View Post
and nadal was beaten by monfils in doha in 2009 and 2012 , just before the AO and he had very successful AOs both times ... your point ? players developing well on a surface can't lose to lesser players ?
I don't know about you, because you're pretty stupid, but Monfils >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The Guch

Quote:
Originally Posted by abmk View Post
rafa was losing to garcia lopez, melzer etc in 2010 ...... so ?
Those 2 are also much better players than Guccione. My friend beat Guccione in a local tournament once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abmk View Post
I reiterated my point , that's it ...
No it's not it, you thought I said Nalbandian didn't play well, but now that you've re-read it you realised that you stuffed up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abmk View Post
only because its federer, who wouldn't let them ....... against most of the other great players , they would ...

see sampras : korda 97 USO, kucera AO 98, scud AO 96 , schallar FO 95 , delgado FO 98

see nadal : rosol 2012, murray 2008 (was just coming into his own then ), gonzalez AO 2007, ferrer USO 2007

should I go on ? jeez !
Nadal was obviously injured against Rosol, he hasn't taken all these months off for nothing. In the other matches against Murray at 2008 USO he was gassed out after playing in so many tournaments and having made so many finals in 2008 at the time. As for the 2007 matches you seem to forget Nadal was 20 against Gonzo and 21 against Ferrer. Should I bring up the list of people that beat the great Federer when he was at that age in majors? Oh wait you have an excuse for those don't you?

I'd like to see Gonzo, Baggy, Haas, Hewitt, Roddick, 34-35 yr old Agassi, etc beat 2008 onwards Nadal in a major. Only 5 players have done it and Federer isn't one of them. Oh and 3 of those 5 have also beaten Fed at majors as well. The other 2 are Murray (who BTW has had more matches against Rafa than Fed in majors giving him more of a chance to beat him in them) and Rosol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abmk View Post
if you call that level of play as sh*t, then murray played sh*t in the wimbledon 2010 and 2011 SFs as well ,especially in the 2011 one , after the first set ... so all in all, nadal faced zero credible threats in the semis @ wimbledon ... so much for 5 finals in a row ( when he played )
Murray played better in the 2011 WIM semi than the 2010AO. Rafa also had to beat Del Potro in 2011 and did it all with a fractured foot. BTW that is also a FACT. 2011 was a pretty tough draw.

In 2010 he faced Sod (coming off his second RG final), Murray and Berdych (who knocked both Fed and Novak off). While it wasn't a very tough draw it wasn't quite a cakewalk.

In 2008 while his path to the final wasn't tough at all, he had to beat Federer to win the title. Doesn't get much harder than that and there is no way he could prove himself worthy any further than that.

In 2007 wasn't such an easy run having to face Sod, Youzhny (who had a very decent record against him at the time), Berdych & Novak (who retired so we can't really gauge much out of that). So not an easy run but not hard either.

2006, his semi final opponent was tougher than Federer's....


Now let's look at Borg's easy WIM final runs:

1976: Vilas in the QF who he brushed off and then Tanner who he also beat in straights. BTW saying Tanner was on fire in 1976 WIM is like saying Berdych 2010 was on fire.

1978: Mayer in QF and Okker in semi. meh.

1979: Okker in QF and Connors (who played pretty bad) in straights. Murray 2010 put up a bigger fight than Connors 79.

1980: Mayer and Gottfried. meh. not much of a tough path there.

So 4 of Borg's 6 finals runs were nothing special.
The_Order is offline   Reply With Quote