View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 03:19 AM   #282
The_Order
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,643
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abmk View Post
no, I'm not pumping them, I'm rating them as good as they are ... its only a ******* like you who puts them down
Yes you are pumping their tyres up because it makes your boy look better. Novak and Rafa clearly have more dangerous components to their game than those 2 hence the reason Fed has struggled against them far more in majors.

If they were so good why couldn't they EVER beat Federer in a major? I mean come on a teenage Nadal did it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abmk View Post
no, hewitt didn't play brilliantly in that match , he played decent tennis ...major part of that was because of federer's briliance ...
He got 6-0 7-6 6-0 and you say he played decent tennis. LOL If that's decent then Rafa's WIM final runs are like a winning a World War.

oh and here's the best part, he's also dominated Roddick like that in majors as well. But yeah, they were sooo much of a threat.

Funny how Fed could NEVER dominate Rafa or Novak like that at a major...

Quote:
Originally Posted by abmk View Post
the berdych case wasn't the same because it was his first final and the nerves clearly showed , not the case with hewitt
Nah Hewitt wasn't nervous, he just played like a turd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abmk View Post
what do you expect ? after so much of absolute brutal hitting , level and energy was bound to come down... its not that he was playing bad tennis , he was still playing decent tennis
Yeah but he couldn't keep up the level that got him to the fifth set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abmk View Post
again, that's where you are plain thick, out of those 7, 5 were on clay, which is federer's worst surface ...where he's not in the top tier .........
No, plexicushion is Federer's worst surface. Since 2004 (that's when Fed started establishing his dominance) Fed has made it to 5 RG finals and won once. So 5/9. Since AO went plexicushion, Fed has made it to 2 finals and won once. so 2/5.

Seriously you don't even know your own idol's worst surface properly. Also that's beside the point anyway because Nadal was only a teen in 2005 while Fed had the experience of making and winning multiple majors at the time. Yet he still lost. Comfortably too I might add. And that's where ultimately your excuses run out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abmk View Post
mac on grass and mac/connors at the USO are quite a bit better than federer on clay ..
If Nadal wasn't around Fed would've most likely had 6 RG titles (only realistic chance of losing would've probably been Novak in 08 ) and nobody would be calling clay his worst surface at all. It's just that Nadal is the greatest clay courter of all time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abmk View Post
loads of credit to nadal for those wins @ wimbledon 2008/AO 2009 ..... but it wasn't that tough @ the FO ( though it is very credible that he didn't lose 1 times of 5 to fed there )
Actually, you're right saying at RG wasn't that tough. But the fact that Fed could not even win more than 1 set in ANY of those matches, that is what shows you how much better a clay courter Nadal is compared to Fed on any given surface, including grass.

But 2005 semi would've been very tough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abmk View Post
if everything has to go by reputation, then why even bother playing the matches , why even consider the forms ? bah !
Well you don't consider the forms of Rafa's opponents either so it goes 2 ways there buddy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abmk View Post
lol, that's plain dumb, with the way federer was serving, even better than in the 2007,08 finals, rafa would still find it very tough ... he didn't play that well by his standards in the wimbledon 2008 final either ... 1/13 on BPs, half of them dumping second serves into the net or wide or long ? gimme a break !
You still don't understand tennis do you? Buy a racquet and play. Fed served better in 2009 final than 08 because he was playing Roddick. Against Roddick the serves don't need to be as pinpoint as they do against Nadal, therefore, less pressure on serve and therefore better serving statistics. Roddick isn't the returner Rafa is pal.

Also, I believe Agassi once said Nadal had a very tricky second serve with the spin he's able to put on it, plus you factor in the pressure Fed would've felt against Nadal vs against Roddick and it's easy to see why Fed missed those second serve returns. Fed knew from the back of the court Nadal could easily get on top of him so the return had to be fairly decent and therefore going for such a return increases your chance of error. Against Roddick he can just block return serves knowing that if he can initialise a rally against Roddick he's a strong chance of beating him from the back of the court.

Last edited by The_Order : 12-13-2012 at 03:26 AM.
The_Order is offline   Reply With Quote