View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 04:08 AM   #5
Irvin
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by robow7 View Post
Ok, did a search and came up with a 2 piece 50/50 method youtube video but with the clamps that I have, I don't think it will be easy to do 2 up and then 2 down.
Is there really a problem with stringing all the top crosses and then all the bottoms.
You must have swivel clamps. 2 up and 2 down is how I was told by Pete at Prince is the correct way to do it. But I have a question, if you string all the top first how do you hold the bottom center string?

A socket? You have got to be kidding, how do you get it to stay in? When I first started stringing O3s I used an extension either 3/8 or 1/2 depending on the spacing of the crosses. Now when I string one piece I use a loop of braided nylon string. Put the loop in the port below the string you are going to tension, under the string you want to tension, then use the tail of the loop to go over the string you want to tension, and through the loop. You'll be surprised how easy it is to hold the string in the correct position.

IMO 2p 50/50 is the best method as it is the only method that provides a balanced tension on the top and bottom crosses of the racket. BUT I have strung standard rackets with the 2p 50/50 and can't tell the difference.