View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 11:17 AM   #7
Pneumated1
Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by TW Staff View Post
The new 2013 Head Speed MP would be worth a demo. I can't say much about that racquet yet, but it fits in with what you are looking for.

The Donnay Gold 99 for sure. I'd also add in the Head Prestige S, Dunlop M3.0 and Mantis Tour 305.

Chris, TW
Thanks, Chris.

I hit a 300G for over four years and a 4D 300 Tour for over two, so a Dunlop 300 would be a fairly easy transition, especially with the supposed, newfound pop and my added weight.

A friend demo'd the Prestige S and Mantis Tour 315, and I hit both and was impressed with both. The "S" I would likely mod up to around the MP's weight, with the benefit of more pop and the open string pattern and softer flex than the Pro. I really liked the Mantis and thought that it reminded me of my old 300 Tours, but I thought that the hoop wasn't quite responsive enough for what I perceived to be a stiffer throat.

The 305 Tour that you recommended, on the other hand, looks like it might be a sleeper; thanks for the heads up! Looks like I could easily add a .5oz of weight to this one without sacrificing the purported control of the frame.

The Donnay Gold 99 is a no brainer. Looks like I have my four: Gold 99, M 3.0, Prestige S, and Mantis Tour 305. Thanks again.
Pneumated1 is offline   Reply With Quote