View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 01:10 PM   #44
TomT
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackB1 View Post
I recently posted a video (http://youtu.be/HQs5jHgWXWM) and the common theme among the critiques was that I was too "stiff" and "robotic" in my strokes. I agree, so now what? How do I play looser and more relaxed? I don't know how much of this is actually fixable? If anyone has any suggestions, I would love to hear them.

I try and have a relaxed and loose grip, but when I do that, I am sometimes late with the hit. I try and breathe out on the hit and that helps me "feel" more relaxed, but I'm not sure I look more relaxed?

I really want to fix this issue, but am not sure on how? Is this something a teaching pro can help out with? Thanks.
Well, I think you look sort of unathletic. But I like your strokes. They're certainly better than mine, and I'm a really athletic guy. The thing is, if your shots are going in, and they're effective, then why worry about whether or not you look athletic.