View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 06:43 PM   #17
asusundevils1971
Rookie

Default Open A Store!!!

The first thing is to do a business plan. You will need to know your customer base and who is the competition in your area. How much does the customer base spend on tennis equipment per month/year, also how much money does your customers make in a year. You will need the manufacturers to sell you the equipment at wholesale and also letters/email stating that they will sell you the equipment at that price. There might be other places that won't sell you equipment because they have contracts that will not let them sell you the equipment in the same area. Also the manufacturer on what you want to carry might make you order a lot of stock to get the discount on materials. That is just the tip of the iceberg... I did a business plan for my small business management class in college and it was 30 pages. There is a reason most start ups fail within the first three years in business. All the best if you go through with the business idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cluckcluck View Post
I've been kicking around the idea of opening a specialty tennis shop in my area. Unfortunately there's nothing around me except for the big box stores who, in my opinion, don't know squat about tennis.

I would offer a complete line of services, stringing, customization, etc.
Carry no more than 4 of each model racquet, some balls, and shoes.

Have any of you opened a shop? What's your experience been?
asusundevils1971 is offline   Reply With Quote