View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 08:24 PM   #4
thejackal
Hall Of Fame

hit for an hour with two 4.5-5.0 players, we just hit groundstrokes 2 vs 1 and rotated every 10 minutes or so.

one of them happened to play with the 2013 blx blade so I had him try it the donnay out first. he said it played pretty close to the blade and liked it overall.

when he was done, I put down my prince rebel (original green model, leather grip and 5 grams of lead at 12 o'clock, strung with alu power at 48lb).

the donnay is strung with luxilon original in the low-50s. I didn't really expect much considering it's a good 15-20 grams lighter than my usual racquet (and around 3pts headlight with a leather grip instead of 6pts for the rebel). plus the 73 RA rating written on the throat of the racquet was a bit worrisome, considering the rebels started out at around 60 and probably got a lot whippier over the past 2 years I've been using them. all that being said, the donnay played really nicely - getting depth was not a problem at all, it was more responsive and didn't feel harsh at all.

I went back to the prince after about 10 minutes, but over the weekend I'll probably weigh the donnay up a bit more and give it another shot.
thejackal is offline   Reply With Quote