View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 12:43 AM   #8
TepidFish
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibinhe View Post
Spinox--Luxilon 4G/Big Banger Origin, really? There is nothing I like about spinox, too much power, no control, no feel, not consistant, only spin is decent. I cut it out after 2hrs use......If that is how 4G/BBO works, I am glad that I didn't pay my hard earned money on those......

On another hand, I really like Red Devil. got a reel right after I tried it. Sometime I wonder how blackout compare to it, but I felt I don't want to try other strings until I finished the reel of Red Devil.
Haha those are exactly my sentiments of Spinox. I feel 4G and BBO are the closest in comparing "Name-Brand" strings. They could just be really tension sensitive... I found when strung at or above 55lbs they played too stiff and boardy, where as stringing them below 50lbs sacrificed too much control.

Personal preference I suppose as well. My brother uses 4G & BBO in his setup and when I purchased sets of Spinox I gave him one to try. He said it felt pretty close to 4G/BBO just tension maintenance was pretty poor.

I am a big fan of Red Devil! I bought a set of it along with Blackout to compare during my experimenting phase, and ended up buying a reel of it over Blackout.

Couldn't feel a big difference between the two since I was stringing it in the crosses, so I went with Red Devil for cosmetic reasons.

Which gauge did you buy your reel in?