View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 04:07 PM   #1535
BobbyOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zagor View Post
Well you know, I think Nadal's H2H with Fed on clay and his 7 FO titles are misleading when comparing him to Fed on clay, I think Fed was only really motivated to win FO in 2009, other years he gave a half arsed effort in the final in order to not waste energy for Wimbledon.

And boy, You could see how great Fed is on clay when motivated, he beat Soderling in 2009 FO final much easier than Rafa beat Ljubicic in 2005 Madrid F.

Regarding Nadal numerous victories over Fed in CC masters, the only time when Fed seemed to give a ***** was in their 2007 Hamburg and 2009 Madrid finals and I didn't see no gulf between their CC abilities in those matches.
zagor, I cannot accept the thesis that Federer gave a "half arsed effort" in French Open finals in order to not waste energy for Wimbledon.

Firstly Federer always tried to win the FO because he knew that a a win at Paris (especially against Nadal!) is important for his record and status as the possible GOAT.

Secondly you of course know that there is a gap of one month between Paris and London. So trying in ONE match does not waste energy for a tournament held one month later...
BobbyOne is offline   Reply With Quote