View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 05:17 AM   #12
TomT
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by goran_ace View Post
Absolutely stop playing and go see a doctor. I know it's not what you want to hear, but it's not worth playing on it and risking further damage. That's the best advice you can get. We are not being negative at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisCJC View Post
You can get the basic knee exercises by searching the web for ACL or meniscus rehabilitation exercises.

My opinion is you should not play through joint pain and may want to stop all tennis and exercise until you see an orthopedist. Most say it is OK to play through minor muscle pain but you should not play through joint pain. Rest, Ice, Compression, and Elevation until the pain subsides. Then start rehab exercises slowly - stop if pain or swelling is significant.
Agree. No more playing until the knee has been examined by a doctor ... and probably for a significant amount of time after that. Rest, rest, rest.

A friend of mine, in his early 40s, had a similar issue. He kept playing and had to have knee surgery.

Hopefully you can avoid that baseline_monster. Just rest it and get to a doctor.

Last edited by TomT : 12-15-2012 at 05:19 AM.
TomT is offline   Reply With Quote