View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 05:31 PM   #43
TomT
Hall Of Fame

Hi Graphiteking. For some reason I was thinking you were going from platform to a sort of semi-pinpoint. I was thinking that the second vid was the change. Ok, now I have it straight. You're experimenting with platform, not pinpoint. Duh.

So, how does it feel? Apparently you like it better.

What I've been experimenting with is going from platform to some sort of pinpoint. As in this vid from today:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RIhNeSM8eE

Not much of a pinpoint, eh? Oh well, maybe I'll just stick with the platform, and try to learn from this and other threads and from you as you progress. The hesitation in the trophy position is, among other things, hard for me. It just doesn't feel right. But you seem to get a lot of power from the potential energy that that produces.

Oh, and yeah, that's another pair of board, not tennis, shorts.

One other thing while I'm here. If your slice serve is effective, then why bother with a flat serve? Developing an effective slice with about the same mph as my hardest flat serve (as your slice seems to have) is one of my future goals. Then again, if you could add another 10 to 15 mph to your serve by hitting flat, and place it consistently, it does add a dimension to your game.

Last edited by TomT : 12-15-2012 at 05:56 PM.
TomT is offline   Reply With Quote