View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 08:55 AM   #59
r2473
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinghippos101 View Post
I was a bit apprehensive when a I heard the adaptation was being split in three films too. But from what I've heard so far, I guess they're all about character development in this first film along with expanding on Gandalf's storyline. i'm not too miffed about the run time tbh, I can handle the slow burn and time taken to flesh out the characters, it only makes subsequent films that much more emotionally engaging.
Oh, that was character development? Gotcha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adventure View Post
It's a very good movie.

It's a major technological leap forward. The high frame rate is a huge boon for our enjoyment of fast moving action sequences, in particular.

Also, the majority of CGI in this film is indeed photo-realistic; not all of it, but the majority of it is. Those computer clock cycles and terabytes of information are not going to waste. Gollum's face is incredibly detailed, with the tiniest of crow's feet and eye and face wrinkles.

PJ is definitely paying attention to the details, here.

I expect the avatar sequels to be even better.

If anything, I wish films were filmed at 60 fps, not 48 fps.

I am very much looking forward to the blu ray release.
This is what the movie is all about.

I'm a fan of the opposite. I prefer low tech films with good plot structure, dialogue, and story-line. I much prefer plays to movies for example. I think all the high tech "stuff" just gets in the way and is pretty annoying to be honest.