View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 09:52 AM   #2
Fearsome Forehand
Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by atatu View Post
So yesterrday I took my two kids and their friend (ages 11 and 13) to play basketball at a local park. There were two other people there, one girl and one guy who were in their early 20's probably local college kids. We ended up playing 3 vs. 3 and the girl, who was a good player was very nice. The guy was fine to the kids, but he was really, really over the top physical with me. I have played pick up all over the country with people of all economic and social backgrounds and have never, ever experienced this. It was almost as though this guy wanted to really hurt me badly. I didn't say anything, just gave it back to him, and of course things just escalated. It was so weird, because he wasn't talking smack or anything, just bulgeoning me every chance he got, and he knew how to play, so it wasn't that he didn't know any better. Any thoughts from other hoopsters out there...keep in mind that I'm 50 and about 5 foot 9. This guy was maybe 21 and 6 foot even.
He is a jerk, plain and simple. No one should play like that in a casual game. The first time he fouled you, you should have been all over it and just taken your kids and left.

This is why you shouldn't play pick up with complete strangers. You're lucky he didn't break your nose or something. Some people are just idiots.
Fearsome Forehand is offline   Reply With Quote