View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 01:35 PM   #30
JackB1
G.O.A.T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB View Post
Jack,

Having watched your backhand issue also, I think I see a lack of stability in your feet on your backhand as well as on your service. It's like you're playing on mud (a figure of speech). I see that you try your utmost best to get the kinetic chain started, but it Seems to me that you can't push off enough to get the motion started. If you can get your feet stable/strong enough, so that the leg muscles can apply force without pushing the feet out of balance, I think you will improve a lot.
look....I'm 53 years old and doing the best I can
if there are some things that are easy enough to change, I will try and change them. But most people here are a little unrealistic about what I can do given my age and lack of flexibility and practice time.

I agree with you that balance and lack of leg usage is one of my overall issues. I am working on that all the time and wish I could just press a button that says "engage core" . For some reason I feel more comfortable straight up and down and really have to make a point of bending and using my lower half more.