View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 04:54 PM   #1624
BobbyOne
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NadalAgassi View Post
To be honest I see Borg as about Nadal level (I actually rate Nadal slightly ahead) so if Nadal isnt tier 1, and I dont think he is yet despite being a fan, I dont think Borg is either. JMO. They are the best of my tier 2 for sure though, even though I listed them in alphabetical order to avoid further debates beyond the tiers.

Thanks for reminding me of Betz. I knew I was forgetting someone as my womens lists were too small . Is there anyone else I am forgetting. I think I would put her 4th tier more likely than 3rd though, although I could see a case for her being 3rd as she was the best player in the World most of the post World War 11 years.

I felt Emerson had to be put in some category due to his 12 majors, even though that is obviously no way a reflection of his true abilities. Then again he probably would be nowhere near 5 or 6 majors, so really I shouldnt include him in any of the all time tiers probably.

Hoad had an insane peak level of play, maybe the best ever, but due to terrible injuries never fulfilled his potential and was at his best for quite a short period. I rank by what was, not what if, otherwise I would rank Seles and Connolly in tier 1.
NadalAgassi, Thanks for considering Betz who turned pro and kept her high level till around 1960.

Emerson won six Australian Championships where mostly the field was rather weak.

I believe it was pc1 who showed that Borg had the best lifetime percentage of all players and won 11 GS tournaments out of only 27 if I remember well. He dominated in a few years as probably no other player did (with the exception of Laver in 1967 and 1969).

Last edited by BobbyOne : 12-23-2012 at 08:08 PM.
BobbyOne is offline   Reply With Quote