View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 09:43 PM   #84
Andyroo10567
Professional

After numerous attempts to reserve a court, i finally managed to pick up 2 30 minute sessions on 2 different days.

Gauge of playtest string : Received a 17G.

Tension used for playtest : 43lb. Yes, i strung it pretty low. I would probably have a different opinion on it during spring/summer with higher tensions

Regular string set up Was Babolat Revenge 17G. Experimenting with new.

Racquet brand and model used for test Head IG Prestige Pro

Power of test string My goodness. Playing against a ball machine for the first 30 minutes was a eye popper. The power was extremely high. Should have taken these reviews previous users have made into account when stringing. Basically just slowed down my swing to maintain the power. When playing the second time, i learned my mistakes from the ball machine and played fine. Ground strokes were great. Volleys were hitting bit too deep. Serves rarely too deep, hits nicely on serves. Backhands were hitting baseline, partner couldnt tell if some were out. this is just 7/10.

Feel I think it felt pretty soft. Like lawrencejin said as well, I love the blasting bam noise in the indoor courts. I got a little bit of the sound i wanted, but not enough. Feels ok, not bad, not amazing. Maybe if i had an 18G i could get more bam into my shots. overall, 5/10

Spin Slices were great! My forehand doesnt have much topspin but there was a noticeable amount of increased spin on my forehand. My backhand had plenty of topspin. Going for winners with my backhand was easy to score with. Topspin lobs were easy to mess with. My dropshots were on spot. 8/10

Comfort Did not hurt my arm at all. Felt like i could play with this string perfectly fine until it goes dead and breaks. 9/10

Durability Did not break on me yet. I usually snip out my strings every now and then if they last too long. I would prefer a fresh feel like most people do. 8/10

Playability Duration (share thoughts on if/how the playability changed over time) : Played well for the first day. Second day it was dead. Still played fine but the feel and power was different. Felt more dead, and power was higher. The tension dropped quite a lot from what i was seeing. 7/10

Control (predictable trajectory? performance on different strokes and swing speeds?) Had pretty good directional control. With a higher tension, i would definitely have more confidence since it had so much power. 8/10

Tension recommendations (after hitting it, would you recommend a different tension? Why?) : Probably about 58 and higher. This just has too much power to use my normal strokes.

Compare to the string you use most often Less pop on the ball. ( bam sound ). Had better directional control. Better spin. But since the stringbed im using atm, i just dont want to switch. Natural gut feels so.... good.... But soo.... Expensive...

If you have played with the original Cyclone, please compare. Never used Cyclone before. :/

Enjoyed this play test. Thanks TW! Would recommend this string to some of my partners!